Thank you to my lovely friend Sarah over at Be Here. Be You. for tagging me for a fun post! Yesit was a long time ago, but better late than never! I’m going to, in turn, tag two of my favorite bloggers who I’d love to see post the 12 Things! Sunny, over at Sunny Larson Tells it All (simply because her blogging CRACKS ME UP, she’s in your face awesome) and Katie at Chocolate Covered Katie. (I know you’re insanely busy Katie, so if you don’t have time, I’d understand…!)
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a picture of yourself and 12 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for the original post.
4. Create 12 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter/Facebook and tell them you’ve tagged them.
12 Random Things About Me
1. I really hate my feet. My second toes are longer than my big toes – like 1/2″ longer, they’re dumb. And I had really bad ingrown toenails as a young child so had surgery on my toes and now my toenails are shaped funny and people are always pointing it out. I will totally have cosmetic surgery on my feet someday.
2. I love love love horses and horseback riding. I once saw a rider on horseback go past my house when I was a child and ran out and got on my bike and followed them home, and ended up getting to ride!
3. I’ve always named my cars (but one). I’ve owned Susie, Katar, Beethoven, Savannah, Dory, Cujo and Cheiron. (There was my Buick which had no name cause I never could think of one!), and now I have Echraidhe. I even name my (computer) hard drives (nerd? lol), Kiki and Lisanthus. I’m weird I know.
4. I’m very very very allergic to bees n other stingy lil dudes. I once stepped on a bee when I was younger and got blood poisoning, my leg turned like, black, almost to the knee. Gross. I carry Epi-pens now. (I’m terrified of wasps. Not kidding, they freak-me-the-hell-out.)
5. I have a tattoo ‘scene’ that starts on my right upper arm and goes up over my shoulder and almost all the way to my right hip. It’s been “In progress” for over 10 years. I wish I had a ton of money (and time) to get it FINISHED! I also have a tattoo on each ankle, one on my stomach, and one on each wrist. I’ve designed probably 95% of my tattoos myself. No, I’m not done. Yes I will get more.
6. I hate wearing shoes and wouldn’t ever wear them if I could get away with it…. thank God for flip flops, it’s the closest I can get to being barefoot all the time! (Weird even to me, considering #1)
7. I really love to cook. I love trying new recipes and making up my own. Especially baking.
8. The nickname that has stuck with the the longest in life so far, not counting my initials or a shortening of my actual name, is Punky.
9. I want to visit Australia more than any other place in the world (with a stop in New Zealand of course!) I want to go for at least a month, and spend time in the Outback, and see all the crazy wonderful creatures – platypus, koala, echidna, kangeroos, etc. in their natural habitats!
10. Davy Jones is (was) my favorite Monkee. I’m really very sad that he died earlier this year.
11. I want at least TWO harlequin Great Danes someday. It’s my dream dog, I’ve always wanted one, for as long as I can ever remember. I would also like an English Mastiff or two. Yep, I like enormous dogs. (You did see #2, right? lol)
12. I wear lil white gloves when I read, or watch movies. Yep gloves. If I don’t, I trash my fingernails, without even thinking about it, I just get tense and pick at them. I’ll look down and suddenly they’re all ripped to pieces. SO…. I have to wear gloves. I’m a weirdo, I know.
Questions I was tagged to answer:
1. If money, schooling, or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose? I would like to be a large animal (including exotics) veterinarian for an animal rescue or reserve.
2. What’s the one thing you look forward to everyday? Lately? More sleep! Just can’t seem to get rested these days.
3. What is the most important quality you look for in a friend? OOOOooh that’s a hard one actually…Trust. I think you can build other things from there, but if you haven’t got trust it’s doomed.
4. Biggest pet peeve? Being lied to.
5. What is your all-time, favorite book? A good week for me consists of finishing 3-5 books, and I’ve bene doing it a LONG time. I honestly couldn’t pick ONE favorite book. I love books, love to read… I love so many – I can’t pick just one.
6. What would your “last meal” be? Baked potato with all the fixins (butter, melted cheeze, scallions, bac’n bits, etc.) some crazy good tender seitan roast with an obscene amount of gravy, and probably… green beans & tomato slices sprinked with nooch. That sounds fantastic.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? Nope. I believe in ‘connections’ at first sight… definitely lust at first sight, but I don’t think real love. You can’t truly love someone you don’t know, so… yeah. Not so much.
8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of? Sleeping in until 9 or so, pancakes and scramble with faux-sages, fresh orange/pineapple juice for breakfast, someone else cleaning my house… and watching a movie snuggled on the couch.
9. Who is your favorite band and what were you doing when you discovered them? Ohhhh… I may never get this post posted if I have to really put an answer here… I’m not a big music buff. Um. I like many artists… probably my favorite band is Godsmack. And I don’t remember what I was doing when I first heard them but the song was Voodoo. I have all their albums. I don’t have all the albums or any other band or artist.
10. If you had to choose one color to pick forever, what would you pick? Well, can I have different shades of it? Purple.
11. Do you believe in soul mates? Kind of but not exactly… I think it’s possible that there are people out there that we match up with yes, (not that we’ll ever necessarily find them!), but I definitely don’t think there is only one for each of us or anything.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Well I’ve not lived too many places, so to pick one would be totally guessing… but I’d guess probably somewhere in the US, because for all the problems we still are a pretty damn free country … but I’d live away from a metro area. Close to one, so I could get necessities, and have access to an airport, etc… but definitely out in the country on a seriously huge piece of land with a seriously awesome house (designed by me of course), with horses, and a swimming pool and all kinds of room for all kinds of animals (cause I’d probably end up rescuing a Ton of them)!
Questions for the ladies I’ve tagged:
1. Whats’ the one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of ?
2. If you could be taller or shorter which would you choose to be?
3. What kind of pets do you have; if none what would you like to have?
4. What’s your favorite season and why?
5. What is your dream vacation (if money was no object)?
6. What is your favorite smell, and why?
7. Do you like to read, and if so, what do you read most?
8. Do have children or if not, do you want to someday (how many)?
9. What’s the one biggest thing you would change about your life?
10. Do you have a bff, and if so, what do you like best about them?
11. What’s your favorite fruit, and why?
12. Why is the first thing you notice about men?